Woah am back in track! I mean baking track :)
For last two weeks, I had been baking and seriously it was a GREAT feeling! Hah, talking about stress reliever here...
I have always wanted to try something different in baking cheesecakes, you know, usually the process is either water bath baked or chilled one. But, steaming cheesecake? Curiosity got the better of me and why not I give it a try then...
Steamed Blueberry Cheesecake (I got the recipe from Suzette Cooks)
01. 500gm cream cheese ( I love to use Anchor brand)
02. 100gm castor sugar
03. 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
04. 200ml Whipping Cream (another Anchor brand)
04. 4 nos eggs
05. 300gm Blueberry filling
01. Cream cheese and sugar till smooth
02. Fold in eggs, Vanilla essence and whipping cream. Mix till smooth
03. Pour into 8 inches round or square cake tin
04. Pour the Blueberry filing in pan and add in the lemon juice. Stir together about a minute. Pour half of the filling into the cheese mixture, stir with a chopstick to create marble effect. Reserve the other half of jam as topping decor
05. Steam the mixture for 2 hours under low heat (after water is boiled)
06. To avoid water sipping in, cling wrap the cake tin 3 times tightly. And hubby did a good job in this, thanks dear :*
07. Cake is cooked, if the surface is firm to touch and shrink from the sides
08. After cooled, chill in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour before decorating. I let it chilled for 3 hours
09. For the decor, just spread the half filling on top of the cake and I chilled it again till the next day
Tadaa... Your cheesecake is ready to be eaten. My verdict? It's creamy and with the perfect combo of cheese and blueberry makes you wanna eat more! LOL! For me the first part of the process is easy and ingredients pun accessible. Only the part you need to cling wrap and steam take time but worth it!
Happy trying all ^_^